Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm not too old for coloring books . . .



I asked my husband to buy me a coloring book. For my easter present, I told him. This is an uncommon coloring book. The pages are translucent, the images outlined in thick black lines. The idea is that once colored, the effect is of stained glass. Besides that, the designs were all butterflies. I love butterflies, because they symbolize new life, transformation and freedom.

Jason bought the coloring book for me. On Sunday evening my sister came to visit. I invited her to choose one of the pages for herself. Turns out she had paints with her! We painted until midnight. It was glorious.

1 comment:

  1. Those Dover coloring books are so nice--I have a few myself, but not the stained glass ones. My mom and I were just recently talking about how popular coloring is amongst young women, and we were thinking how great an idea it would be to open up a coloring shop down the shore. We would sell high quality coloring books and supplies like crayons, colored pencils and such. It's a fun and cutely girlish pastime and very calming I think! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading & responding!