Friday, March 12, 2010

Cry of the Overwhelmed

Yay! My blog is still here, my poor neglected friend.

I can't seem to settle my mind to write. And work has been busy: a flurry of applications, parent seminars, phone calls and staff photos and videos for the website.

I love being busy. But sometimes, when I go from work to errands to a walk to making dinner to worship team practice, I begin feeling overwhelmed. There are dishes filling my sink. And I am tired.

Jesus, I want to rely on You for strength, letting You live through me. How do I do that?

Last night I cried myself to sleep. But I felt much better when I woke up! "Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning." My dear husband holds me close and lets me cry without making me feel silly for crying. I love him so much. I don't even know for sure why I was crying.

I cry more easily than I would like; I want to be strong. Jesus, please be strong in my weakness.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm...yes...i can relate! don't worry! Thanks for that verse--it is very encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading & responding!