Friday, January 22, 2010

Winter Beauty

I live on a magical road. The view this morning was splendid, because a sparkling frost had coated everything over night. I expected to see Narnia's Cair Paravel in the distance, nestled among the frosted mountains. I wanted to take a picture, but that would have required going out in the cold, so I didn't. Besides, the pictures I take of natural beauty usually disappoint me because I can't capture the majesty. I would need a really expensive camera to come close.

Everything sparkled along my lane, even the air! Our elevation is just high enough. On the next road down, only the very tops of the trees sparkled. Where I work is high, too, so I got to return to fairyland. Such beauty brings joy to my soul.

1 comment:

  1. Now that i've seen Vermont--I can totally see what you're describing! Sounds lovely...no snow down here in PA (although maybe some this weekend)--but we've had a TON of rain the past week (I know, so surprising.). But winter has it's own beauties here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading & responding!