I was a bit worried when I started a full-time office position because I knew getting enough exercise would be a challenge. I do move around more than I thought I would: going downstairs to put mail in slots, making copies, putting a welcome sign on the retreat center, etc. In the summer I can take long evening walks, but currently darkness comes early. And I don't like being cold!
So in hopes of staying healthy, and so I don't have heavy food sitting in my stomach all afternoon, I bring a salad each day for lunch. I was inspired the beginning of last week. I wrote a list of possible greens, veggies, nuts, meats, cheeses, and other salad ingredients. Salads can be very fun and creative.
Yesterday I had a mixed greens, which included shredded carrots and cabbage, topped with a hard boiled egg, slices of red pepper, baby carrots, kalamati olives, corn kernels and feta cheese. Today's salad was mixed greens with sliced ham and provolone, sliced pinata apple, dried cranberries and pecans. For dressing I've been using Newman's Own Light Italian dressing "con limon."
I'm having fun with my salads! Now about the exercise . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading & responding!