Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I need to clean out my purse

Hmm . . . today has been a meditative day, with infrequent people interaction. I've just realized that I needed exactly this. Quiet to read and reflect and worship Jesus while finishing Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity. The joy of listening to chickadees, juncos, yellow finches and sparrows outside at a bird feeder. No one in the office but me, so I'm listening to my sister's Pandora station based on Adele. Mostly British girls - Love it.

So now I'm still and relaxed, my mind drifting. I'm looking into my too-full purse, wondering what it says about me. First, it's a bag from Teen Vogue, more of a small tote, and the print is brightly colored trucks. I get lots of compliments on this bag, believe it or not. Inside I have my Hello Kitty checkbook, change purse and tissues. I have my small daily planner, because I've entered the world of grown-ups. I have a pink clutch (also from Teen Vogue) with pens, keys and lip balm. Also a small cloth purse I keep my wallet in. I have Bath and Body works hand sanitizer. The mace Jason wants me to carry when I walk alone. Spearmint Altoids (I like wintergreen better). A loose penny. A card to send to a friend. Poems to vote on for an upcoming poetry workshop. Cell phone with Hello Kitty charm (I thought I already disclosed everything Hello Kitty, but no, there was one more!) Well, that's about it. Sometimes I also have my small Bible and other books.

I suppose my purse says that 1) I like to have everything I might need 2) But I'm still a kid at heart 3) I'm organized in a jumbled way 4) I take after my mom (her purse is heavy, too.)

Ok, onto more important things.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your purse describes you well! I tend to change my purse at least every other week, sometimes from day to day, so the contents kind of change with the size of the bag...lol, and sometimes when I take homework (and lunch and dinner) to my job, yes I'm a veritable bag lady...!

    Oh and I started reading the Beth Moore Insecurity book too. I definately needed it, too...it's great, and it is really speaking to me at this particular point in life, especially the part about comparing yourself to others who seem like they've "got it all"

    Glad you could get a break for a bit! I hope you can still fit those in here and there...keep posting! I love your thoughts on life! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading & responding!